The mission of the Forest Lake Fire Department is to provide our protection area with a well trained professional organization, and to prevent or safely minimize the loss of life and property in fire and other emergencies at the highest level possible within the resources available.
Professionalism: We encourage pride in our department and pride in the quality of our work. Our conduct, both on and off duty, is a reflection of our professional commitment. We will ensure the best possible service for our community.
- Service: We encourage a commitment to service. Our performance must ultimately be judged by the satisfaction of those we serve. We recognize a service responsibility to other departments within our city, and to every element of our business and neighborhoods.
- Teamwork and Shared Leadership: We know well functioning teams of people are more effective than individuals who are working separately; our lives depend on it! We gladly work as part of a team for the betterment of the department and our city.
- Equal Opportunity: The Forest Lake Fire Department strongly supports and promotes participation by all individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Innovation: We encourage the challenge of new ideas and technology; just as the environment we work in changes, so must we. We encourage resourceful, self-motivation. We are committed to seeking out and implementing innovative and progressive thinking to address change effectively, benefiting those we serve.
- Performance: We are committed to personal and professional development. We encourage training, education, and skill development on an on-going basis. The Forest Lake Fire Department is committed to a comprehensive safety program that recognizes the inherent hazards of our profession. We are committed to policies that encourage the mental and physical health of our workforce.
- Integrity: We understand the trust placed in us by the public and our colleagues is integral to the performance of our duties. We are committed to honest and ethical behavior, and will hold ourselves accountable to these values.